Is Sardinia a good family holiday destination?
Beautiful Sardinia is one of the most popular family destinations in Europe. Appreciated by the globe-trotting tribes for its microclimate, its gastronomy and its dream beaches, this island definitely has it all!
What is the best area to stay in Sardinia?
Where to stay in Sardinia
- For a stay by the sea, consider Hotel Gabbiano Azzurro.
- For a stay in the mountains, consider Hotel Su Gologone.
- For a stay in the city, consider Hotel La Playa.
- For a stay in a stylish resort, consider Villa del Golfo Lifestyle Resort.
Is Sardinia expensive for holiday?
Sardinia Is An Affordable Holiday Destination Sardinia is cheaper than the mainland, making it a prime holiday destination for Italians. It's important to note, that Sardinia can become expensive in the summer, and busy too. It is possible to travel around Sardinia on a budget.
What is the most beautiful part of Sardinia?
From Neptune's Grotto to Cala Brandinchi, here are the 12 most beautiful and surreal places in Sardinia, Italy.
- Su Nuraxi di Barumini. ...
- Gola di Gorropu. ...
- Capo Testa. ...
- Mamoiada. Natural Feature. ...
- Santa Teresa Gallura. Natural Feature. ...
- Castelsardo. Natural Feature. ...
- Tempio Pausania. Natural Feature. ...
- Cala Brandinchi. Natural Feature.
Which is nicer Sardinia or Sicily?
Sardinia has great resorts and beaches. ... Though Sicily has its beaches and resorts, they tend not to be as developed as you might find on Sardinia. Historical site abound. The interior too is rugged, and day trips could involve nature, but also offer more established cities and towns.
Which part of Sardinia is best for families?
- 5 best places for family holidays in Sardinia.
- Castelsardo. Castelsardo (means sardinian castle) is a lovely town in the north west Sardinia. ...
- San Teodoro. San Teodoro is a tourist city to be discovered. ...
- Alghero. ...
- Santa Maria Navarrese. ...
Is Sardinia good for a holiday?
Add budget flights to Alghero, Cagliari and Olbia, ancient villages, nuraghe (neolithic remains) for history buffs, and all the pizza, artisanal gelato and great-value wine you'd expect, and Sardinia is the perfect holiday island. Here are a few coastal favourites, with places to sleep and eat.
Which is better north or south Sardinia?
While all of Sardinia is famed for its beaches, the North has a more rugged terrain and dramatic coastline, however this does not mean it is bereft of white sand and turquoise water. If you are staying on the ever-popular coast of Costa Smeralda, then Liscia Ruja is where you should be heading.
How many days do you need in Sardinia?
What is the best time to visit Sardinia?
The best time to visit Sardinia is from April to June when the flowers are in bloom, the sea waters are warm, and the temperatures haven't yet reached their July and August highs.
How long does it take to travel around Sardinia?
A. It takes about 4 hours to drive North to South, and 2 1/2 hours from West to East depending on where you cross as from Alghero (NW) to Olbia (NE) takes approximately 1 1/4 hours. There are no motorways as such but good A roads such as from Sassari to Cagliari and from Sassari to Olbia.
Is driving in Sardinia easy?
Is It Easy To Drive In Sardinia? Driving in Sardinia, on the whole, is hassle-free, local drivers are courteous, traffic is confined only to the significant towns and driving culture isn't like that which you find in Naples or Rome.
What food is Sardinia famous for?
In our opinion these are the 10 Sardinian top dishes which you should definetely taste during your visit in Sardinia:
- Seafood Fregola with saffron. ...
- Zuppa gallurese. ...
- Suckling pig or “porcheddu” ...
- Spaghetti with sea urchin. ...
- Bottarga. ...
- Culurgiones. ...
- Octopus salad. ...
- Lamb with artichokes.
How long is ferry from Rome to Sardinia?
1 to 14 hours
Can you drink the tap water in Sardinia?
Can I Drink the Tap Water in Sardinia? It is not recommended to drink water from the tap due to the high chlorine content. This can cause stomach or intestinal complaints. It's a good idea to stock up on plenty of bottled water, which is very reasonable in Sardinia.
Are there poisonous snakes in Sardinia?
Yes, there are snakes in Sardinia, and it is not uncommon to see them in the countryside. However, you'll be pleased to know that Sardinia has no poisonous snakes, due to its isolation from the European continent for millions of years.
Is Sardinia a volcanic island?
Montiferru is a historical region of central-western Sardinia, Italy. It takes its name from the eponymous extinct volcano massif, whose main peak is the Monte Urtigu (1,050 m). ... The volcanic origin of the area is testified by the basaltic rocks of the seaside.
Has Sardinia got an airport?
Sardinia has 3 airports, 2 in the north and 1 in the south: Olbia Costa Smeralda Airport - North. Alghero-Fertilia "Riviera del Corallo" Airport - North. Cagliari-Elmas Airport– South.
Do easyJet fly to Sardinia?
easyJet flies into Olbia Costa Smeralda Airport, which has one passenger terminal. Find a great deal on car rental from the airport with our car rental partner.
Can you fly direct from UK to Sardinia?
Sardinia flight facts. ... British Airways are the only airline to fly direct from London Gatwick (LGW) to Cagliari-Elmas Airport. Choose to fly with hand baggage only or pick a price that includes a 23kg checked baggage allowance and free seat selection 48 hours before you fly.
Which airport do you fly into for Sardinia?
Which side of Sardinia has the best beaches?
Cala Mariolu. A precious, horseshoe cove found on Sardinia's east coast, and offering some of the best snorkelling on the island, Cala Mariolu is an unforgettable beach setting, well deserving on our list of the top 10 beaches in Sardinia.
How much does it cost to fly to Sardinia?
The average flight to Sardinia costs $491/per person and the cheapest flight to Sardinia is $17/per person.
What airlines fly to Cagliari Sardinia?
Which airlines offer direct flights to Cagliari? Ryanair, Alitalia, easyJet, Volotea, Air France, Mistral Air, Delta and Virgin Atlantic all fly direct to Cagliari.
Are there direct flights to Sardinia?
Which airlines offer direct flights to Alghero Sardinia? Ryanair, Alitalia, easyJet, Volotea, Wizz Air, Air France, Blue Air and airBaltic all fly direct to Alghero Sardinia.
Who flies Olbia Sardinia?
Other airlines flying to Olbia
|Lufthansa flights||KLM flights||Austrian Airlines flights|
|Vueling Airlines flights||Norwegian flights||Norwegian Air International flights|
|eurowings flights||SAS flights||Brussels Airlines flights|
|SWISS flights||Iberia flights||airBaltic flights|
How long is the flight from London to Sardinia?
2 hours, 18 minutes
Can you fly direct from Manchester to Sardinia?
There are no airlines that fly directly from Manchester to Alghero Sardinia.
How long is flight to Sardinia from UK?
2 hours 35 minutes
When can I fly to Sardinia?
Flying to Sardinia Flights to Sardinia are cheapest either side of the peak season in May, June and September. Despite this, prices often remain competitive throughout the holiday season.
- What is there to do in Dubai for families?
- Is Maldives good for family holiday?
- What is the best time to go to Tasmania?
- How much does an average trip to Maldives cost?
- What Christmas movies will be on Netflix 2020?
- Is Thailand suitable for a family holiday?
- How much does a family vacation to Hawaii cost?
- Where can I go with kids in the US?
- What is the best time of year to go to Uluru?
- Which is the best place in Turkey for family holiday?
Most popular articles
- Where is the best place for a family holiday?
- What is there to do in West Cork?
- Where is the best place to holiday in August?
- What is there to do in York for families?
- What is the longest holiday in the world?
- Where can I go for summer holidays in England?
- Will holidays cost more in 2021?
- Is Zakynthos good for families?
- Who was Nana Sahib and Tatya Tope?
- Why was Tatya Tope hanged?