How much does a family holiday to Fiji cost?
Daily budget and miscellaneous costs As a general guide, you'll need around FJD$360 (AUD$226) per person per day in Fiji if you're on a budget. For a midrange trip, you could be looking at FJD$360-800 (AUD$226-$501). For a luxury-style trip, aim for at least FJD$800 (AUD$501) per day.
Is Fiji a good family vacation?
If your dream family vacation involves a South Pacific tropical paradise incarnated, book a trip to Fiji, which is home to some 333 islands and resorts that cater to all styles and budgets of travelers, including plenty for families.
How much does the average trip to Fiji cost?
How much money will you need for your trip to Fiji? You should plan to spend around FJ$310 ($152) per day on your vacation in Fiji, which is the average daily price based on the expenses of other visitors. Past travelers have spent, on average, FJ$70 ($34) on meals for one day and FJ$16 ($7.
What is there to do in Fiji for families?
33 of the best family-friendly things to do in Fiji
- Kula WILD Adventure Park. If you're staying in one of the many family-friendly resorts on Fiji's Coral Coast, then a stop at this action-packed park is a must. ...
- Island hopping. ...
- Jet boating the Navua River. ...
- Guided snorkelling tours. ...
- World-famous kids' clubs. ...
- Cruising the sea. ...
- Local niu. ...
- Nature tours off the beaten track.
Why is Fiji expensive?
Fiji's slogan states that those who drink the bottled water don't even have to go to Fiji in order to enjoy it. ... In America, Fiji is still the most imported bottled water. That certainly accounts for one reason why it's expensive—the demand for water bottled from the mountain of Fiji is just great.
What is the best month to go to Fiji?
How long is the flight to Fiji?
An average nonstop flight from the United States to Fiji takes 20h 10m, covering a distance of 6791 miles. The most popular route is Los Angeles - Nadi with an average flight time of 10h 40m.
What is the rainy season in Fiji?
November through April constitutes Fiji's wet season (or "typhoon season"), and the weather is characterized by high temperatures and short storms. But if you travel now, you'll save the most on airfare and accommodations. Temperatures, however, are at their annual peak and fluctuate between the low 70s and low 90s.
What is the best place to stay in Fiji?
- Best Region in Fiji for Nightlife: Suva. ...
- Best Region in Fiji for Markets: Suva. ...
- Best Region in Fiji for Families: Sunset Strip, Viti Levu Island. ...
- Best Region in Fiji for Vibe & Culture: Vanua Leva Island. ...
- Best Region in Fiji for Weather: Mamanuca Islands. ...
- Best Region in Fiji for Romantic Holidays: Mamanuca Islands.
Is Bora Bora or Fiji better?
When it comes to planning your South Pacific Island trip, there are many things to consider. When it comes to cost and other worldly scuba diving, Fiji is the most effective choice. However, if you want overwater bungalows and adventure on the island, Bora Bora is a great choice.
What makes Fiji special?
Fiji is known as the 'Soft Coral Capital of the World', with the Great Astrolabe Reef surrounding its 333 islands and atolls, so an underwater adventure should be high on your to-do list when visiting Fiji. If you're a keen diver, you can experience hundreds of different species of fish and coral.г.
What part of Fiji is the most beautiful?
Why is Fiji so beautiful?
Fiji is the prototypical South Pacific Paradise which is famous for its tropical islands and friendly people. ... These clustered islands and islets are full of attraction ranging from shaggy volcano peaks to picturesque coral reefs, exotic waterfalls, and dense rainforest.г.
Is Fiji expensive to visit?
1. The cost of island hopping. Fiji is an expensive country to travel around – even for travelers who are budget-savvy. ... There are dorm rooms throughout the Mamanuca and Yasawa Islands, and even though some of these are called resorts, they are cheap in the scheme of Fiji accommodation.
Are there crocodiles in Fiji?
Are there crocodiles in Fiji? There's only one crocodile that visits Fiji, which is the Saltwater Croc that we've looked at above. Apart from this species, no other crocodile has been seen in Fiji.г.
What can kill you in Fiji?
Forewarned is forearmed
- Fire Coral. Fire Coral. ...
- Sea Snakes. Three species of sea snakes reside along Fiji's rugged coastlines, where they come to the shore to rest. ...
- Moray Eel. ...
- Cone Shells. ...
- Jellyfish. ...
- Crown-of-Thorns. ...
- Triggerfish. ...
Are there snakes on Fiji?
Highly-venomous black and white banded sea snakes, which are often found along Fiji's shores or swimming in lagoons do not bite, unless severely provoked. ... Pacific boas are the most common land snakes (on the islands where they haven't been exterminated by mongoose) but are not venomous or aggressive.
Are there shark attacks in Fiji?
Fiji Marine Life. A few fatal shark attacks have been reported that occurred off of Taveuni. Some happened as recently as December 2000, May 2001 and September 2003. ... Tiger sharks, bull sharks and oceanic white tips are some of the species that are known to be dangerous.
Is it safe to swim in Fiji?
Water safety Swimming and snorkelling in Fiji's waters is pretty safe but there are a few precautions to be aware of. Wave action on the beaches is generally very sedate – the only places you may face danger are around river passages on the larger islands where rip tides can pull you out to sea.
Are there great white sharks in Fiji?
After holidaying in a tropical Fijian lagoon, a well-known Stewart Island resident has returned. ... Grim, a 2.
What is the safest shark to swim with?
There are, however, five particular sharks that are universally considered to be the least dangerous shark species in the world.
- Caribbean Reef Shark. via flickr/mattk1979. ...
- Nurse Shark. via flickr/[email protected] ...
- Leopard Shark. via flickr/brian.gratwicke. ...
- Angel Shark. via flickr/bocagrandelasvegas. ...
- Whale Shark.
Why is the tiger shark dangerous?
Tiger sharks inhabit waters where humans swim, so the chances of an encounter are greater than with deep-water shark species. Tiger sharks are big and strong, and can easily overpower a person in the water. Tiger sharks have teeth designed for shearing their food, so the damage they inflict is devastating.г.
What is the meanest shark?
- What are some family Christmas games?
- Where in Greece is best for a family holiday?
- What is family life like in Finland?
- What do you put in a family movie basket for a gift night?
- What should I put in a family gift basket?
- What is a good holiday greeting?
- What do you write on a greeting card?
- When can I book Disney for 2021?
- What is a good family gift to give?
- Which Hawaiian island is best for families?
Most popular articles
- Is Jersey a good family holiday destination?
- Is Sardinia a good family holiday destination?
- Which part of Lanzarote is best for families?
- Is Japan Family Friendly?
- What do you write in a family Christmas letter?
- Where can I go with kids in the US?
- Is Jamaica a good place for a family vacation?
- Where in Spain is best for a family holiday?
- Where can I go on holiday for a lifetime?
- Is South Africa safe for a family holiday?