What was under the city of Knossos?
In Greek mythology, King Minos dwelt in a palace at Knossos. He had Daedalus construct a labyrinth, a very large maze (by some connected with the double-bladed axe, or labrys) in which to retain his son, the Minotaur. Daedalus also built a dancing floor for Queen Ariadne.
What did the discovery at Knossos reveal about Minoans?
The discovery at Knossos revealed that a legendary king named Minos, along with his family, lived in a palace at Knossos. ... The discovery at Knossos revealed that the Minoans built the palace at Knossos and that they were the first civilization to develop in the Aegean region.
Where was Knossos located quizlet?
What is the rule of a few wealthy people?
Oligarchy, government by the few, especially despotic power exercised by a small and privileged group for corrupt or selfish purposes. ... Oligarchies in which members of the ruling group are wealthy or exercise their power through their wealth are known as plutocracies.
What were the Phoenicians known for quizlet?
explorers and sea traders. They invented glass blowing, purple dye and the first alphabet. They traded metal objects, wood products, cedar timber, and pottery.
What did Athenian soldiers promise in their oath?
what did Athenian soldiers promise in their oath? they will obey the constitution. list three reasons Xerxes wanted to conquer Greece? wealth, revenge, glory.
- Why was the bull-leaping fresco made?
- What's the definition of leaping?
- Can you buy a frame for a mirror?
- What is a gesso panel?
- Do you think Minoans really jumped over Bulls?
- What does the bull leaping fresco represent?
- Does the bull ever win?
- What is a fresco cycle?
- How were frescoes created?
- What type of horse is used for jumping?
Most popular articles
- What breed of horse can jump the highest?
- What is horse drawn carriage called?
- What is the significance of a bull?
- Can you put any mirror outside?
- Who is Ptah's wife?
- What does chariot mean?
- Can you date Ryuji in p5r?
- What is the meaning of charioteer?
- Can we read linear?
- What does the name chariot mean?