What is an Indus seal?
It was probably used to close documents and mark packages of goods. This suggests that the Indus civilisation was part of an extensive long-distance trading network. The animal on this seal was originally mistaken for a unicorn but is now thought to be a bull. The seals carry the oldest writing in South Asia.
What is the use of seal?
Seals were used to make a sealing, or positive imprint, like this modern resin one made from the original seal. Sealings were used in ancient times for trade. They would be made on ceramics or the clay tags used to seal the rope around bundles of goods.
What seal means?
SEa, Air, and Land
What are the two meanings of seal?
seal. noun (2) Definition of seal (Entry 3 of 5) 1a : something that confirms, ratifies, or makes secure : guarantee, assurance. b(1) : a device with a cut or raised emblem, symbol, or word used especially to certify a signature or authenticate a document.
What is another word for seal?
Seal Synonyms - WordHippo Thesaurus....What is another word for seal?
What is the opposite of seal?
seal. Antonyms: unseal, unclose, open, annul, cancel, abrogate, disratify, disaffirm, contravene.
What's another word for jealous?
Find another word for jealous. In this page you can discover 43 synonyms, antonyms, idiomatic expressions, and related words for jealous, like: envious, possessive, resentful, bitter, green-eyed, apprehensive, insecure, owned, wary, trusting and unconcerned.
What's another word for subcontinent?
Subcontinent Synonyms - WordHippo Thesaurus....What is another word for subcontinent?
What is an example of a subcontinent?
A large and distinct section of a continent can be called a subcontinent. ... One of the most well-known subcontinents is the Indian subcontinent, which was once the country of India, but today includes Pakistan and Bangladesh.
Why is India called a subcontinent?
- India is sometimes referred to as a subcontinent because it is a separate landmass, not just a country. It is not as large as one, but it has certain characteristics of a continent, so it is not considered a continent. ... India migrated north due to continental drift and became a part of Asia.
How many Subcontinents are there?
Where the Americas are viewed as a single continent (America), it is divided into two subcontinents (North America and South America) or three (with Central America being the third). When Eurasia is regarded as a single continent, Europe is treated as a subcontinent.
Are there 5 or 7 continents?
By most standards, there is a maximum of seven continents - Africa, Antarctica, Asia, Australia/Oceania, Europe, North America, and South America. Many geographers and scientists now refer to six continents, in which Europe and Asia are combined (because they're one solid landmass).
Is Australasia and Oceania the same thing?
You may have come cross the name Australasia in our crosswords. It is the regional name for Australia and New Zealand, and despite the last four letters, it does not include Asia. ... Oceania is the name given to the region of Australasia, Melanesia, Micronesia and Polynesia and includes 14 countries altogether.
What is the meaning of Subcontinents?
: a large landmass smaller than a continent especially : a major subdivision of a continent the Indian subcontinent.
What is difference between continent and subcontinent?
Continent is a huge landmass like asia . Subcontinent is a part of land seperated from the rest of the continent by any natural boundary . Eg:- India is a subcontinent which is seperated from rest of asia by himalyan mountains.
What does Harappa mean?
Harappa in British English (həˈræpə ) an ancient city in the Punjab in NW Pakistan: one of the centres of the Indus civilization that flourished from 2500 to 1700 bc; probably destroyed by Indo-European invaders. Collins English Dictionary. Copyright © HarperCollins Publishers.
Which countries make the Indian subcontinent?
The Indian subcontinent, consisting variably of India, Nepal, Bangladesh, Pakistan, Bhutan, Sri Lanka, and the Maldives, with over 1.
Which country is not included in Indian subcontinent?
How many countries are divided from India?
How many countries are there in India by 2020?
The total length of the coastline of India is 7,516.
- Can you use a drawing tablet without a computer?
- How do you make display panels for art shows?
- What is a prehistoric portable object?
- What medium is the male torso made?
- What do you need for an art studio?
- Are Cuisinart Grills any good?
- What age is junior school?
- What is portable rock art?
- What age is the discovery of fire?
- What are the key characteristics of Paleolithic Art?
Most popular articles
- What are some of the unique characteristics of oil paint?
- Where has Aboriginal rock art been found?
- Who is the first artist?
- What kind of paint do you use on rocks?
- What kind of paint do you use to paint rocks?
- What kind of markers work on rocks?
- What materials can be used in art?
- What is the easiest art medium?
- What do the rock paintings of Australia's Kakadu National Park show?
- What is the best glue for stone?