How did they make the Nazca Lines?
The Nazca Lines /ˈnæzkɑː/ are a group of very large geoglyphs made in the soil of the Nazca Desert in southern Peru. They were created between 500 BCE and 500 CE by people making depressions or shallow incisions in the desert floor, removing pebbles and leaving differently colored dirt exposed.
What language did the Chavin speak?
Language. There is an absence of written language, so the language spoken by the Chavín people is not known, but it is likely now extinct.
Which ancient American civilization lasted the longest?
How did the Nazca deal with their dry environment?
Terms in this set (10) All of these cultures shared use of irrigation systems as a means of life to combat their dry environments. ... By creating irrigation systems and underground canals. The Nazca Lines are also rumored to be used to deal with their dry environment.
Which animal did the Olmec consider especially sacred?
Who was the Olmec god?
Their religion centered around eight gods: the Olmec Dragon, the Bird Monster, the Shark Monster, the Banded-Eye god, the Maize God, the Rain Spirit, the Were-Jaguar, and the Feathered Serpent. The Olmec had the first representation of the feathered serpent that would show itself in later mesoamerican cultures.
- When were the Nazca Lines first reported?
- What Animals use disguise?
- Who were the Nazca lines created by?
- Why did they make the Nazca Lines?
- How were the Nazca lines created?
- Was Machu Picchu the Inca capital?
- Is Peru richer than India?
- How were the Nazca Lines made?
- How long are the Nazca Lines?
- What countries are the Andes in?
Most popular articles
- Who discovered Harappan seals?
- What happens if you don't give Gulliver his parts?
- What are seals of Harappan civilization?
- What were Harappan seals used for?
- What lost cities have been found?
- What are the Nazca Lines What are some of the geometric shapes found in these lines?
- Who found seals at Harappa?
- Is a master of science a doctor?
- When did the tradition of rock painting begin?
- What were Indus seals made of?