When was the oldest cave painting made?
45,500 years ago
How do you date cave paintings?
In the last decade, a new method to date cave art was developed: Uranium series dating. It is based on another radioactive isotope and it works, in general terms, as Radiocarbon does, but it dates calcite.
Which state has the most caves and underground streams?
What state is known as the Cave State?
Who owns the lost sea?
Are there sharks in Mammoth Cave?
Figure 1. The Meckel's Cartilage (lower jaw) and associated teeth of "Saivodus striatus", a large ctenacanth shark found within Mammoth Cave National Park.
Is Mammoth Cave one of the 7 Wonders of the World?
Mammoth Cave is great to visit ANY time of year, but especially in the hot summer when its too hot to do anything else!
What was found in Mammoth Cave?
In addition to this rich diversity of primitive sharks at Mammoth Cave, two partial cartilaginous skeletons of different species of sharks were also found within Mammoth Cave. One specimen was discovered by a caver with the Cave Research Foundation and the other has been known by the park guides for years.
What animals live in Mammoth Cave?
Keep your eyes out for common woodland creatures like deer, raccoon, opossum, gray squirrel, rabbit, woodchuck, muskrat, beaver, red fox, coyote, owls and wild turkey, but be careful not to disturb some of Mammoth Cave's most precious endangered animals, that include the Kentucky Cave Shrimp, the Indiana Brown Bat, and ...
- What causes Entoptic phenomenon?
- Is Entoptic phenomenon dangerous?
- Why does my vision look like static at night?
- How do you check for retinal blood vessels?
- Is blue field Entoptic phenomenon dangerous?
- Is blue field Entoptic phenomenon bad?
- Why can I see my iris when I close my eyes?
- Can anxiety cause visual disturbances?
- Why do I see snow in my vision?
- What diseases can cause eye floaters?
Most popular articles
- Why is my vision grainy in the dark?
- Can you see red blood cells in your eyes?
- Can floaters be white?
- Can your eyesight be affected by pregnancy?
- What is a migraine phenomenon?
- Can you hallucinate from anxiety?
- What can cause sudden eye floaters?
- Can you go blind from visual snow?
- What causes visual snow?
- How is visual snow syndrome treated?