What did Bernard Montgomery do in ww2?
British Field Marshall Bernard Law Montgomery (1887-1976) was among the most decorated military leaders of World War II. Tapped to take command of the Eighth Army, he earned renown for his part in the first major Allied land victory at El Alamein, Egypt, in 1942.
Who is the only 6 star general?
What was the greatest army of all time?
Here are some of the most powerful armies in history.
- The Roman Army: The Roman Army famously conquered the Western world over a period of a few hundred years. ...
- The Mongol Army. ...
- Ottoman Army. ...
- Nazi German Army. ...
- The Soviet Army. ...
- United States.
Who is the bravest warrior in history?
Top 10 greatest warriors of all time
- 10- Richard I: The Lionheart. The Lionheart was the King of England for ten years and one of the greatest warriors of his era. ...
- 9- Saladin. Image Source: Wikimedia Commons (Public Domain) ...
- 8- Miyamoto Musashi. Image Source: Wikimedia Commons (Public Domain) ...
- 7- Attila The Hun. ...
- 6- Spartacus. ...
- 5- Sun Tzu. ...
- 3- Hannibal Barca.
What is the most elite army unit?
Known as the 1st Special Forces Operational Detachment-Delta SFOD-D, commonly referred to as Delta Force, Combat Applications Group, the unit, Army Compartmented Element, or Task Force Green, depending who you are, Delta is an elite Army special operations force under the control of Joint Special Operations Command.
Which is harder Ranger or Green Beret?
Green Berets and Army Rangers are considered some of the toughest special operations forces in the US Armed Forces, if not the world. ... While both of these units are highly elite in their own right, the amount of specialized training it takes to be a Ranger is less than what it takes to be a Green Beret.
Is Bronze Star a big deal?
The Bronze Star Medal, or BSM, dates back to World War II. Today, it is the fourth-highest ranking award a service member can receive for a heroic and meritorious deed performed in an armed conflict.
Can you look up bronze star recipients?
Unfortunately, there is no name index for Bronze Star awards. ... The Official Military Personnel File of a U.S. soldier will list the general order citation that includes the unit or command that issued the award.
What qualifies you for a Bronze Star?
The Bronze Star Medal is awarded to any person who, while serving in any capacity in or with the military of the United States after 6 December 1941, distinguished himself or herself by heroic or meritorious achievement or service, not involving participation in aerial flight, while engaged in an action against an ...
How much money does a Purple Heart recipients get paid?
There is a Congressionally authorized pension for medal of honor awardees, but that's only $600 a month. I am a PURPLE HEART recipient. Because of slight disifiguration I receive about 100 dollars a month. If he was 100% disabled he might recieve 2200 a month.
How many Bronze Stars can one person receive?
No more than one Bronze Star Medal shall be awarded to any one person, but for each succeeding heroic or meritorious achievement or service justifying such an award a suitable device may be awarded to be worn with the medal as prescribed by appropriate regulations.
- Why are blue babies called as such?
- Is Professor and the Madman a true story?
- How old is Tarzan and Jane in the movie?
- Is Jane Porter related to Belle?
- Is Jane older than Tarzan?
- Who was Jane in Tarzan?
- Is Jane from Tarzan Belle and Beast daughter?
- How old is Jane Porter Disney?
- How old is Jane in the Disney movie Tarzan?
- What did Catherine Moore Barry do in the Revolutionary War?
Most popular articles
- Why did Dr Susan Lewis leave ER?
- Who is driving the jeep in Back to the Future?
- What is the laziest personality type?
- Did kerchak die?
- Will there be a season 2 of reprisal?
- How does Jane Foster become Thor?
- When was Walter Scott born?
- Why is Tarzan not in Kingdom Hearts anymore?
- What disease does Jim Kelly have?
- How much is Thomas Jones worth?