What is the correct definition of assail?
1 : to attack violently : assault The military has for years been developing offensive capabilities, giving it the power not just to defend the US but to assail its foes.—
Is banal a word?
adjective. devoid of freshness or originality; hackneyed; trite: a banal and sophomoric treatment of courage on the frontier.
What does immensely mean?
: to a very great or immense degree or extent : exceedingly, enormously We enjoyed ourselves immensely.
What is the antonym of assail?
What is the opposite of assail?
|leave alone||let be|
|let alone||leave in peace|
What is another word for fortified?
What is another word for fortified?
What is the antonym of banal?
unfamiliar, interesting, unknown, invigorating, intriguing, uncommon, smart, unusual, stimulating, fresh, racy, atypical, novel, substantial, unheard-of, unaccustomed, new, enlivening, thrilling, absorbing, extraordinary, gripping, energizing, engaging, animating, original, unhackneyed, galvanizing, inspiring, ...
What is the antonym of subsequent?
subsequent. Antonyms: antecedent, anterior, earlier, foregoing, former, forward, front, introductory, precedent, preceding, preliminary, previous, prior. Synonyms: after, concluding, consequent, following, hind, hinder, hindmost, later, latter, posterior, succeeding.
What are the synonyms for subsequent?
What is another word for subsequent?
Subsequent Synonyms - WordHippo Thesaurus....What is another word for subsequent?
What are subsequent words?
Words related to subsequent following, consecutive, consequent, ensuing, successive, consequential, later, next, posterior, proximate, sequential, serial, resultant, sequent, successional, resulting, succeeding.
What is subsequent month?
adj occurring after; succeeding.
What is a subsequent sentence?
Definition of Subsequent. coming after something in time. Examples of Subsequent in a sentence. 1. Subsequent editions of the book will be based on the early lives of the characters.
When should nevertheless be used?
(sentence adverb), (formal) You use nevertheless to add surprising information or something in contrast to what was already said or written. Morgan stopped working as a doctor in 1973. Nevertheless, he remained active in medical research until his death. We are seriously over budget.
What type of word is nevertheless?
Where is nevertheless used?
We can use either of the adverbs however or nevertheless to indicate that the second point we wish to make contrasts with the first point. The difference is one of formality: nevertheless is bit more formal and emphatic than however.
What are synonyms for also?
Also Synonyms - WordHippo Thesaurus....What is another word for also?
|what is more||after that|
Is there a comma after nevertheless?
Nevertheless can begin a sentence. Remember to use a comma after nevertheless.
What type of word is however?
How do you use colons?
- To announce, introduce, or direct attention to a list, a noun or noun phrase, a quotation, or an example/explanation. You can use a colon to draw attention to many things in your writing. ...
- To join sentences. ...
- To express time, in titles, and as part of other writing conventions.
How do you use the word nevertheless in a sentence?
- He was very tired; nevertheless he went on walking.
- Nevertheless, we will do everything.
- We are going nevertheless we shall return.
- What you said was true but nevertheless unkind.
- She was very tired, nevertheless she kept on working. ...
- Though very intelligent, she is nevertheless rather modest.
What does Furthermore mean?
: in addition to what precedes : besides She always arrives on time; furthermore, her work is always excellent. Synonyms More Example Sentences Learn More about furthermore.
Is nevertheless one word or two?
nevertheless Add to list Share. A funny-looking adverb that appears to be made up of three words squished together, nevertheless means “even so" or "all the same.”
Is nevertheless a transition word?
Examples of Transitions: On the contrary, contrarily, notwithstanding, but, however, nevertheless, in spite of, in contrast, yet, on one hand, on the other hand, rather, or, nor, conversely, at the same time, while this may be true.
- What is a vassal Vega?
- Can a vassal buy out his Lord?
- What is the meaning of a vassal?
- What mutual obligations did the vassals and lords have?
- What happens in a vasovagal response?
- How do you use the vassal X-Wing?
- What does a vassal do Stellaris?
- Who is the strongest Cardinal hero?
- What is a tribute state?
- Does villain mean farmhand?
Most popular articles
- Is the vessel free NYC?
- Who is the baddest villain?
- Is villain DEKU in the show?
- Is villain a true story?
- Where does the word villain come from?
- What is the meaning of Mane in Urdu?
- What's the opposite of inseparable?
- When did England end serfdom?
- Where did villains originate?
- How do you use dissent in a sentence?