How many times has the temple in Jerusalem been rebuilt?
Although the Temple is referred to as a single institution here, it is important to note that the Jerusalem Temple was rebuilt at least three times in antiquity.
What happened to the temple Solomon built?
The Temple suffered at the hands of Nebuchadrezzar II of Babylonia, who removed the Temple treasures in 604 bce and 597 bce and totally destroyed the building in 587/586.
What did God give Solomon in addition to wisdom?
As commentator Dale Ralph Davis points out, “the welfare of the people of God drives Solomon's prayer.” This, then, is what “pleased the Lord” (1 Kings 3:10)–that Solomon desired to judge God's people well. And this is what prompted God to lavish upon him material wealth in addition to wisdom.
Why did Solomon offered 1000 burnt offerings?
Solomon showed his love for the LORD by walking according to the statutes of his father David, except that he offered sacrifices and burned incense on the high places. The king went to Gibeon to offer sacrifices, for that was the most important high place, and Solomon offered a thousand burnt offerings on that altar.
Why was God angry with Solomon?
The LORD became angry with Solomon because his heart had turned away from the LORD, the God of Israel, who had appeared to him twice. Although he had forbidden Solomon to follow other gods, Solomon did not keep the LORD's command.
Who killed adonijah in the Bible?
David's favourite wife, Bathsheba, organized an intrigue in favour of her son Solomon. Shortly after his accession, Solomon had Adonijah put to death on the ground that, by seeking to marry David's concubine Abishag, he was aiming at the crown (I Kings 1 ff.).
How many wives did King David have?
Who is a shunammite woman?
The story of the Shunammite Woman is based on the Old Testament scriptures 2 Kings 4:8-37 and 2 Kings 8:1-6. She is described as a great woman. She shows hospitality to the prophet Elisha and his servant, Gehazi as they pass through her village of Shunem on their way to Mt. Carmel.
Who is Benaiah son of jehoiada?
Benaiah, son of Jehoiada Benaiah was one of King David's mighty men, commander of the 3rd rotational army division; (2 Samuel 23:20; 1 Chronicles 27:5). He helped David's son Solomon become king, killed Solomon's enemies, and served as the chief of Solomon's army.
- What happened to the second triumvirate?
- Who is Octavian Percy Jackson?
- What is the meaning of bobble?
- What is intemperate language?
- What does condoling mean?
- What is another word for festering?
- What does the word odium mean?
- How do you use chattel in a sentence?
- What is the meaning of trounce?
- What is the meaning of opprobrium?
Most popular articles
- Are Parsi from Iran?
- What hairstyles are good for greasy hair?
- What are the titles of British royalty?
- What is an example of a middle manager?
- Who was Octavian's mother?
- Who is in charge of punishing crimes?
- How long is the drive from Ohio to California?
- Who is the strongest character in TOG?
- What is the product of the reaction of H3O+ and OH -?
- Who wrote Oh to be in England now that April's here?