What does O Sapientia mean?
17 December: O Sapientia (O Wisdom)
What are the 7 O antiphons?
Collectively they also suggest Christ's response to that plea: the seven titles in Latin—Sapientia, Adonai, Radix Jesse, Clavis David, Oriens, Rex Gentium, and Emmanuel—in reverse order form an acrostic ERO CRAS which means “I am coming soon.”
What does the Latin word Ero Cras mean?
If one starts with the last title and takes the first letter of each one - Emmanuel, Rex, Oriens, Clavis, Radix, Adonai, Sapientia - the Latin words ERO CRAS are formed, meaning, Tomorrow, I will come.
What is chant notation called?
A neume (/ˈnjuːm/; sometimes spelled neum) is the basic element of Western and Eastern systems of musical notation prior to the invention of five-line staff notation.
Where is polyphony used?
Polyphonic singing in the Balkans is traditional folk singing of this part of southern Europe. It is also called ancient, archaic or old-style singing. Incipient polyphony (previously primitive polyphony) includes antiphony and call and response, drones, and parallel intervals.
Is a 48 note polyphony good?
If all you can afford is a 48-note polyphony piano, then that's fine. If it meets your needs, you won't be disappointed. But just be aware that if you're serious about your music making, it might hinder your progression further down the line.
What is Max polyphony?
Polyphony refers to the maximum number of notes that a keyboard or sound module can produce at one time. ... For example, if you are playing a rich, layered sound made up of 4 simpler sounds, you may only have 16 notes of polyphony (or less) on a keyboard with maximum polyphony of 64-notes (64 divided by 4 equals 16).
- What is Hildegard von Bingen remembered for?
- What era did Hildegard live in?
- Were the Knights Templar on Oak Island?
- What is the other word for curse?
- What was the goal of the Inquisition?
- What does Obliquus mean?
- Where is the best armor in Oblivion?
- What is the meaning of obiter dictum?
- What is the meaning of the word Obrigado?
- What is wrong with Sadie on Mr Mercedes?
Most popular articles
- What made Caligula a bad emperor?
- Is Octavian a good villager Animal Crossing?
- Who were Octavian Antony and Lepidus?
- Can you call an inmate back?
- What was the purpose of Paul writing Romans?
- What did Augustus rule?
- Who was Caesar in love with?
- What is Octavians last name?
- How did Calypso curse Annabeth?
- When did Octavian change name?